I have lived in Texas all my life, and no other subject has filled me with both fear and awe at the same time like Texas storms do. This powerful weather phenomenon has always inspired me. The storms themselves are a work of art. Powerful winds aloft sculpt the towers into magnificent shapes and structures. Lightning lights up the night sky like an Independence Day celebration, and the booming thunder seems to echo forever. All of these factors are orchestrated like a symphony in the heavens. “Majestic Noise” is the name of this performance, and I am its audience. I love photographing and experiencing these storms. It is my passion, my calling, and my mission. When the severe weather rolls in, I go out to listen for that “Majestic Noise!”

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Frost Advisory, Already???

The NWS issued a Frost Advisory for north eastern part of Oklahoma and the eastern half of Kansas. Some areas reached lows in the mid to upper 30's last night.  

NWS Graphicast for the Frost Advisory

While we won't be getting temperatures quite that cold, we are still forecast to have lows in the upper 40's. The dry cold air did make for a pleasant morning earlier this week. I posted some photos I took down at Gordon Lake on my photoblog. You can visit it here. This evening was also very nice. It allowed me an opportunity to test out my new camcorder I bought for this next year's chase season. I have uploaded a low res and an HD version on my You Tube channel. The camcorder seemed to perform very well. I can't wait to use it in next year's chase season.

As always, thanks for the support.

-Ben

Standard Version

HD Version

1 comment:

  1. yesss it's finally getting cooler! and the vids look nice! can't wait to see some storms.

    ReplyDelete