I have lived in Texas all my life, and no other subject has filled me with both fear and awe at the same time like Texas storms do. This powerful weather phenomenon has always inspired me. The storms themselves are a work of art. Powerful winds aloft sculpt the towers into magnificent shapes and structures. Lightning lights up the night sky like an Independence Day celebration, and the booming thunder seems to echo forever. All of these factors are orchestrated like a symphony in the heavens. “Majestic Noise” is the name of this performance, and I am its audience. I love photographing and experiencing these storms. It is my passion, my calling, and my mission. When the severe weather rolls in, I go out to listen for that “Majestic Noise!”

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thursday Forecast Update...

Looking over the latest NAM/GFS runs I am not convinced for Thursday. Also I am working so I will not be able to participate. The general lack of instability is the biggest problem with this setup.


Though the newest NAM is showing a little hope with an isolated pocket of MLCAPE around 400-500 J/kg. Everything else looks good for this. Decent moisture return (55-60 DP's), good midlevel support (50kts), and nice curving with the hodographs.



Judging by the model runs if I was able to chase my target would probably be on the TX/OK border just north of I-40. I'll just say Sayre, OK. Maybe we'll get the chance for some lightning photography at least.

1 comment:

  1. I kind of wrote this day off simply due to the low CAPE, long drive, and homework that is piling up. CAPE still looks to be a big problem Friday.

    But I do think it will be interesting to see what 500 j/kg can do. My biggest hope is indeed for lightning Friday night. Maybe you can get some Thursday too?

    Have fun whatever you do. :)

    ReplyDelete